The City of Elk City is currently seeking applicants for a full time police officer position.
Under general supervision involved, the enforcement of laws and the prevention of crimes; controls traffic flow and enforces state and local traffic regulations; issues citations; participates in and conducts a variety of criminal investigations; makes arrests; provides support and assistance to special crime prevention and law enforcement programs; and performs a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of law enforcement services and activities.
- Must be 21 years of age
- If not certified must not reach 46th birthday be beginning of training
- Must have valid Oklahoma Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
- Must pass extensive background investigation (no felonies, no domestic violence related offenses) Physical Fitness test, phycological evaluation, and oral board. (Contact Department for details on above test)
- Starting pay for Patrol I $41,880.28 / year and $43,982.12 / year after probation period. Officers already CLEET Certified will be given credit for prior service and grade in at a higher hourly rate. 10% salary increase every 5 years. Ability to get paid overtime in the amount of time and a half.
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- Employee paid health, life, dental and vision
- Dependent health, dental and vision $155/month
- Police Pension
- Take home car program for eligible officers
- Family friendly work environment
- All training and equipment provided
- Minimum three days off per week (unless authorized overtime)
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 320 W. 3rd St.; the Elk City Police Department, 422 E. 3rd St.; or you can download and print applications from our web site.
Completed applications can be turned in at City Hall, Elk City Police Department, or emailed to email@example.com for more information please call 580-225-3230.
The City of Elk City is an Equal Opportunity Employer