UPDATED MESSAGE FROM CITY OF ELK CITY:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 18, 2020
Contact Person: Lee Litterell
An updated message from the City of Elk City:
The City of Elk City is working with numerous public health organizations. We are in constant contact and will be taking our direction from those organizations. In the meantime, we are monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) as it pertains to the Elk City community.
In conjunction with Governor Kevin Stitt’s executive order to protect vulnerable populations, the City of Elk City will be temporarily closing some city facilities and postponing certain scheduled events until June 1st, 2020.
Listed below are the most current updates:
City Hall will remain open but we are limiting access to the front lobby only. No individuals will be allowed beyond the lobby so transactions will be conducted through the glass for everyone’s safety. We do encourage using the drive through, drop box, or online bill pay access whenever possible. During this time we are waving the $2 online bill pay fee (we can also accept check payments over the phone for people that do not have debit or credit cards). All other transactions, permits, new connects, etc. will be done through the glass (also please limit the number of people you bring to city hall). This may slow down the process so please be patient with us.
Bucks Lodge is now open.
The Chapel at Fairlawn Cemetery is now open.
The Elk City Animal Shelter is now open.
The Elk City Carnegie Library is closed to the public until June 1st, 2020. Our staff is available by phone. All scheduled activities at the Elk City Public Library will be canceled until June 1st, 2020.
Because human corona-viruses most commonly spread through respiratory droplets, the Oklahoma Health Department would like to remind people to take the same measures that health care providers recommend annually to prevent the spread of the flu and other viruses.
- Wash your hands often throughout the day. Use warm water and soap. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand gel.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes to prevent others from getting sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious foods.
- Keep surfaces (especially bedside tables, surfaces in the bathroom, and toys for children) clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
See updates and information from the Center for Disease Control at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
For media inquiries, contact City Hall 580-225-3230
- Sign up for Elk City e-Notifications.
- Sign up for (Emergency Alerts)
- Follow the City of Elk City on Facebook