The City of Elk City is looking for a seasonal lifeguard.
The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of all patrons at a local pool. The Lifeguard will be responsible for monitoring the pool area, responding to emergencies and enforcing pool rules to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all swimmers.
- Monitor swimmers and ensure their safety at all times.
- Respond promptly to emergency situations, provide first aid and perform lifesaving techniques as necessary.
- Enforce pool rules and regulations to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Keep accurate records of pool usage and incidents.
- Maintain a clean and safe pool environment by performing regular maintenance tasks.
- Communicate effectively with pool staff and patrons to promote a positive and safe swimming experience.
- Attend regular training sessions to maintain and improve skills.
- Test the chemical levels of the pool water and add chemicals as needed to maintain safe and healthy water conditions.
- Monitor and maintain the proper functioning of pool equipment such as pumps, filters, and chlorinators.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Possess a valid certification in lifeguarding, first aid, and CPR/AED.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be physically fit and able to swim long distances.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Pay for this position: $11.50 per hour (Additional pay once certified)
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 320 W. 3rd St., or you can download and print applications from our web site.
Completed applications can be turned in at City Hall or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information please call 580-225-3230.
The City of Elk City is an Equal Opportunity Employer
July 4, 2020 160.97 KB 4364 downloads Human Resources Department
Application for all city jobs other than Police Department ...