The genealogy collection focuses on subjects of local interest and contains many patron researched family histories. These holdings must be used within the library and are not available to be checked out.
- The 1790 bound census
- Various city, county, state, regional resources
- Local family histories
- Area cemetery holdings
- Area obituary file of 17,000 culled from local newspapers from 1901 thru 1954.
Microfilmed early local newspapers, including:
- The Statesman
- Democrat & Statesman
- Leader & Southwestern News
- News Democrat
- Elk City Daily News (Sep 1929 thru present)
- The Carter Express (Apr 1910-Mar 1935)
- Early Roger Mills Co. newspapers, including The Cheyenne Star (May 1904-Dec 1950).
- The Soundex holdings for 1900, 1910 and 1920 Oklahoma counties
- Early Cheyenne & Arapaho records
- Early Wise Co. Texas records
- A few assorted counties throughout the U.S.
Library staff will assist patrons with geneaology research as time permits.