The City of Elk City now has in place the Blackboard Emergency Notification Call System. This system will send general messages such as event notices, emergency messages, and it will also be used to send weather notifications for severe weather. A link on our website www.elkcity.com has been setup for citizens to create an account for this service. You may enter up to ten phone numbers per account.
Here are the directions:
(1) Go to www.elkcity.com
(2) Click on the "ONE-STEP NOTIFICATION - SIGN UP NOW" button.
(3) Below the login click on, Sign Me Up!
(4) You will then be asked to fill out general information. Next, check the box to agree to the blackboard users agreement then press continue. You will receive a message that says a confirmation email has been sent to the email address you provided. Please follow instructions in your email to complete your registration.
(5) Open your email and click on the link they provide. You will be prompted to answer security questions to activate your account. Then you will sign in. You will then need to go to edit contact information and click on add device (which is where you add your phone number) make sure to check the voice box (for voice messages) and the text box (for text messages), check the TTY box (for the hearing impaired) if applicable. You may then save and repeat this step for adding more devices (phone numbers or emails). After you have completed adding all devices go to the next step.
(6) You will then be prompted to update your subscriptions. Click yes take me there. Then click on the subscriptions tab that is indicated by the black arrow in the picture below on the left. Next set your mouse over the outreach line & you will see a pencil on the right hand side (as seen in the picture below on the right side). Click on the pencil and select the boxes beside the phone numbers you want to add to this group. Do the same for the weather group. Each subscriber will automatically be signed up for emergency messages. THIS STEP MUST BE DONE OR THE SYSTEM WILL NOT CALL ALL OF YOUR DEVICES.
Outreach messages are general messages such as event notices, emergency messages are for emergencies (each subscriber will automatically be signed up for emergency messages), and weather notices are for severe weather updates.
You may hold the mouse over your name at the top and sign out. You can sign in and edit your information, devices, & subscriptions at any time.